Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any advocacy services for people with mental health issues?
- Are there any opportunities for people with mental health problems to socialise or meet others?
- Are there any specific services for men with general mental health problems?
- Are there any specific women-only services for general mental health problems?
- How can a mental health problem be assessed? Do I need to see a doctor or GP to access mental health services?
- How can I access counselling?
- How can I have a say in mental health services in the community?
- I have mental health problems – which organisations can help provide care to me in my own home?
- I’m caring for someone with mental health problems – where can I find support?
- Is there any support for veterans with emotional/mental health problems?
- What are books on prescription and how can they help?
- What should I do in a crisis?
- What support is there for older people with mental health problems?
- Where can I find help with mental health problems for young people?
- Where can I find out more about mental health and treatments available?
- Where can I find support in accessing community services after a mental health problem?
- Where can I find support with a dual diagnosis?
- Where can I find support with anger management or aggression towards others?