Where can I find help with mental health problems for young people?

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (or CAMHS) is a service that works with children and young people (and their families) up to the age of 16 when they have problems which have a serious effect on their daily life – this can include things like anxiety, depression, eating difficulties and coping with traumatic experiences.
For more information on CAMHS see

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence over the phone about a mental health problem or concern then there are various helplines available such as Childline (0800 1111) and Hopeline (0800 068 4141).

Young Minds is a charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people; their website has lots of information and blogs about mental health and wellbeing.

www.themix.org.uk is an information service website for young adults around a whole range of issues including mental health.

Kooth is an online counselling and wellbeing support platform for 11- 25 year olds.

#GrowYourHappy is a new wellbeing support kit filled with ideas for young people to embrace taking care of their mental health. The online space has been created by the Youth Council of St Helens. You can see the work of the young people and join your messages and tips online at https://padlet.com/StHelensYC/growyourhappy. To find out more about #GrowYourHappy you can also visit the St Helens Youth Service Instagram account @youthservicesth