Where can I find support in accessing community services after a mental health problem?

The Social Inclusion Team from St Helens Council can support people access mainstream services in the community after experiencing mental health problems. This could include looking for volunteering and employment, education or leisure activities.

Making Space’s Developing Options Service works with people with mental health problems who are not under the care of a CPN, Psychiatrist or Care Coordinator. The service is aimed at people who wish to make positive changes in their life but don’t know how to, and help is provided in creating a support plan aimed at giving people choice and control over their own lives e.g. budgeting, employment, socialising, access to support.

Together UK have a community based support service which can help people manage in their own home. This covers how to deal with finances/budgets, security/safety of your home, managing property repairs, monitoring medication, support to access community services and activities, help to make social contacts, help to keep healthy, find voluntary or paid work and help with finding leisure opportunities and hobbies.

Floating Support, which helps people regain and maintain independence within their own home and the community, is also offered by the NHS Community Mental Health team and Making Space.