Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get someone to come out and check my smoke alarm?
- How can I find a reliable tradesperson?
- How can I find the right residential care home for me?
- How do I access chiropody?
- How do I get an assessment of my social care needs?
- How do I get the Winter Fuel Payment or information about insulating my home?
- I have had a fall or I am scared of having a fall – who can help?
- Is there any local assistance available for D/deaf people?
- Is there any short-term support available following illness, injury or a stay in hospital?
- Is there anyone that can look after my pet for me if I am unable to?
- Is there sheltered accommodation or extra-care housing available in St Helens?
- What age/disability concessions are available in the region for transport?
- What Day Care Centre facilities are accessible within the borough?
- What help is available for people struggling with arthritis?
- What help is there for people who are blind or have visual impairments?
- What is personalisation and how do ‘personal budgets’ or ‘direct payments’ work?
- What mobility aids are available for older people to help around the home?
- What support is there for older people with mental health problems?
- Where can I find advice about benefits for older people?
- Where can I find out more information about osteoporosis?
- Where can I go to get a replacement hearing aid battery?
- Who can provide care to me in my own home?
What can we
Facilities & Information
Young People & Families