How can I find the right residential care home for me?

There are numerous care, residential and nursing homes situated in St Helens suitable for older people and older people with dementia, plus there are also caring homes for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or mental health problems.

For information on choosing suitable residential care, information on assessments, charging policies and contracts visit St Helens Council Website or click this link Here you can find the most upto date care home directory and charging policy, see the tab at the bottom of the page ‘related documents’.

You can also view further information and contact details about residential homes closest to you by entering your postcode into the CQC wbsite or ringing their information helpline on 0300 061 6161

Age UK have produced a useful factsheet and checklist for older people considering moving into a care home.

First Stop Care Advice is an independent, impartial and free service offering advice and information to older people, their families and carers about housing and care options for later life.

Independent Age can provide free and impartial advice on the issues including care and support, money and benefits, health and mobility. Helpline 0800 319 6789