How do I get an assessment of my social care needs?

You may be entitled to financial support (called Direct Payments) from the Council to meet your social care needs if you have a disability (physical, sensory or learning), an age related illness/impairment or a mental health problem.

In order to determine this, you will need to contact the Council’s Contact Centre (01744 676 600) to arrange an assessment – this covers aspects of your personal care needs, daily living, keeping safe and your social life. The Contact Centre will forward the referral on to a specialist team who will assess your eligibility, and if you are eligible to receive support then the referral is passed on to a Care Manager who will contact you to complete an assessment of your needs and a Resource Allocation Questionnaire. The Care Manager will also write a support plan with you to look at how your needs/outcomes will be met through your personal budget.