Where can I find advice about benefits for older people?

Face to face and telephone information, advice and support around benefits for older people can be found in St Helens through:

  • DASH
  • Age UK’s Money Advice Service
  • Citizens Advice Bureau
  • St Helens Coalition of Disabled People

FirstStop Advice (helpline 0800 377 7070) is a free and independent service for older people, their families and Carers and can give information and advice around benefits; including paying for care, benefits and allowances, Council and NHS funding, insurance, financial planning and financial products.

Independent Age is a service for older people, their families and Carers. They provide an advice service (Helpline 0800 319 6789, email advice@independentage.org) that includes information and support around welfare/financial support.