Support & Access
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any leisure activities or opportunities for breaks for disabled people?
- Are there any SEN (Special Educational Needs) schools in St Helens?
- How do I get an assessment of my social care needs?
- Is there any short-term support available following illness, injury or a stay in hospital?
- What advocacy services are available for disabled people in St Helens?
- What age/disability concessions are available in the region for transport?
- What help is there for parents/Carers of people with a disability?
- What is personalisation and how do ‘personal budgets’ or ‘direct payments’ work?
- Where can I find assistance accessing employment and education for disabled people?
- Where can I find financial support or benefits for my disability?
- Where can I find general sources of support for living with a disability?
- Where can I find mobility aids for disabled people to help with everyday living?
- Who can provide care and/or independent living services for people with disabilities?