Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, throughout the past year, some of the information provided in the Gateway website may be outdated or changed. We are trying to resolve this for all organisations; apologies if you have been affected.

Where can I find financial support or benefits for my disability?

If you have a disability you may be entitled to receive benefits, even if you are in employment. These benefits may include:

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Independent Living Fund (ILF)
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA)

You can find out more information and support with applying for benefits by contacting:

  • The Benefit Enquiry Line (0800 882 200 or textphone 0800 243 355) or by using DirectGov’s online Benefits Adviser service
  • Citizens Advice Bureau
  • DASH (Disability Advice St Helens)
  • St Helens Coalition of Disabled People
  • Age UK
  • Disability Alliance UK