Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, throughout the past year, some of the information provided in the Gateway website may be outdated or changed. We are trying to resolve this for all organisations; apologies if you have been affected.

Where do I go if I have a cold/flu/infection? Are there any vaccinations available?

If you have a cough, cold, flu or infection you can speak to your GP, a local pharmacy or visit the Walk-in Centre for further information and advice regarding medication or vaccinations.

It is recommended that you receive a free annual flu-jab if you are over 65, pregnant, have a serious medical condition, are living in a care home, are the main Carer for an older/disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you are ill, or if you are a frontline health or social care worker. If you do not fall within one of these groups you can also receive a flu-jab through a pharmacy or private health-care provider. For further information about the flu-jab or any other vaccinations arrange to see your GP.