Where can young people find help with an alcohol or drug problem?

The Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Team provide information, advice and support for young people (up to the age of 19) who are misusing drugs or alcohol. They can offer confidential information, help and support in cutting down or quitting, one-to-one sessions with your own Keyworker, group work and complimentary therapy sessions to help with relaxation.

Childline’s helpline (0800 11 11) and online chat is available all day every day if you would like to talk to someone in confidence about a drugs, alcohol or substance misuse.

TheSite is an information service website for young adults around a whole range of issues including substance misuse.

If you are a young person that has been affected by someone else’s substance misuse, the following organisations can provide help:

  • COAP – young people affected by someone else’s addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling (online community)
  • NACOA – young people affected by their parent’s drinking (helpline 0800 358 3456)


Another useful link will be