How can I report anti-social behaviour, hate-crime or abuse?

If you are a victim of crime, hate-crime or anti-social behaviour you are encouraged not to suffer in silence and either:

  • Contact Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010, or alternatively use their online reporting form
  • If you want to submit information about a crime anonymously you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • Alternatively, you can also report hate-crime to the independent charity Stop Hate UK via their 24 hour helpline on 0800 138 1625.

The St Helens Vulnerable Persons Unit is a team of specialist officers who investigate criminal offences against vulnerable adults. Criminal investigations may include physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse and neglect. The unit is specifically designed to investigate allegations where the vulnerable person knows their abuser, for instance if the abuser is a family member or carer. If you are being abused, or if you suspect that someone you know is being abused, please contact the Vulnerable Persons Unit on 0151 777 1585.

Anti-Social Behaviour Victims & Witness Service (01744 673 112) helps bring those responsible to justice and to support you throughout the whole process. You can report anti-social behaviour to an ‘anti-social behaviour Victim Champion’, who will contact you to assess your needs and provide practical support (e.g. panic alarm and window locks) and advice to ensure that you have everything that you need to feel safe and protected.