Willowbrook Hospice is an independent charity which cares for people (over 18) in the St Helens and Knowsley area that have life-limiting illnesses. The Hospice’s vision is to provide ‘The Best care delivered with compassion for our community.’
Willowbrook’s aims are to:
· Provide free specialist palliative, end of life care, through the expertise of a multi-professional team to those patients who are referred by their GP, hospital consultant or health professional.
· Help each patient achieve the best quality of life where possible.
· Encourage patients, their families and carers to ask for information to help them make decisions about their care.
It currently costs almost £5 million per year to run the Hospice and although around 33% of the funding comes from the local Clinical Commissioning Groups, this still leaves a shortfall over £3m each year which needs to be raised through fundraising events such as the Moonlight Walk, Ride 45 and the Lights Up A Life Christmas Appeal, Willowbrook’s weekly Lottery and the hospice’s charity shops.
· In-patient facilities
· Wellbeing and holistic therapies
· Out patient facilities
· Family support services and information – pre and post bereavement.
How to Access
Referrals are usually made to the hospice via your health professional.
Willowbrook Hospice, Portico Lane, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 2QT Telephone 0151 430 8736
Fundraising Office: Willowbrook- The Living well, Borough Road,
St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 3RN. Telephone 01744 453798
email: [email protected]
Retail and Lottery Head Office, Sutton road, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 3DU. Telephone: 01744 766920
Type of OrganisationLocal charity (no.1020240)
Willowbrook Hospice, Portico Lane, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 2QT
- 0151 430 8736
- [email protected]