St Helens Carers Centre
St Helens Carers Centre was established as a one-stop centre for any Carer in St Helens and is an independent registered charity; also part of the Princess Royal Trust for Carers, a national network of independent Carers’ Centres. Their vision is of a society in which Carers are recognised, valued and supported by the government, those who provide services and the community. To uphold this vision, they treat all Carers as individuals, working with them to identify their specific issues, and all services are free and completely confidential.
- The centre have a team of Carer Support Officers who can offer information, advice and emotional support relating to the caring role and person cared for
- There are two relaxation therapy rooms that offer all Carers regular therapy sessions allowing them time out from their caring role
- The centre has funding to offer Carers a personalised break up to a maximum of £300 per year
- Personalised breaks for young carers aged between 8 and 18 years old – this could be anything from horse riding lessons or cinema tickets to days away
- Carer’s Emergency card – scheme giving Carers peace of mind, consisting of a card with details on that relate to an action plan being carried out in the event of an emergency
- Help with accessing benefits and advocacy
- Also training courses, leisure opportunities, trips, outings and support groups
How to Access
For carers living in the borough of St Helens, or for carers who care for someone living in the borough of St Helens. Office is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm. Drop in service operates every day between 10am and 3pm when no appointment is necessary. They are also open until 8.30 on the last Wednesday of every month.