Sahir House is the HIV support, information and training centre for Merseyside. Offering a wide range of services to people living with or affected by HIV on Merseyside, HIV awareness training, up to date HIV information and many opportunities for volunteering.
Sahir House works closely with Body Positive Cheshire and North Wales to provide services to people in St Helens and Halton.
- Helpline (0151 237 3990) that provides confidential, impartial advice and assistance relating to HIV
- Support, advice, guidance and referral
- HIV asylum support
- Outreach & community based support
- Counselling & psychotherapy
- Peer support & well-being actitivies
- Employability & skills support
- Service user lounge with internet
- Health promotion & training service
- HIV information helpline
- Campaigning & fundraising
- Volunteering opportunities
Sahir House offer HIV awareness training throughout the North West and all courses can be found on the training page of the website. The courses will increase HIV awareness and reduce stigma by understanding the differences between HIV and AIDS, help to HIV risk assess and develop confidence to talk about HIV testing and refer on to local services.
Sahir House produce a monthly newsletter with news of what’s happening at Sahir House, news of what’s happening in the HIV world and anything else we think you would like to hear about. To be added to the mailing list please contact Sahir House via e-mail. [email protected]
How to Access
All support services are free and confidential to people living with or affected by HIV on Merseyside. You can phone Sahir House to arrange a visit to the centre, alternatively outreach workers are available at your local GUM clinic, please phone for details.