Mencap is the voice of learning disability, and everything that they do is about valuing and supporting people with a learning disability, their families and carers. Mencap works with people with a learning disability to change laws, challenge prejudice and support them to live their lives as they choose.
- ‘Work Choices’ employment programme aimed at providing work placements and ultimately aiming people to gain enough confidence to be able to access full-time employment
- Supported living and personal/family care focusing on an individual’s own living needs and providing care and support in a flexible way to allow people to live independently
- Housing Support Services to help people to buy or rent their own/shared home dependent on that person’s specific needs
- ‘Inspire Me’ leisure and learning programmes and activities
- National learning disability helpline (0800 808 1111) is an advice and information service and provides help on community care, benefits, education, jobs, housing, holidays and family & personal relationships