Home Improvement Agency
St Helens Home Improvement Agency is run by St Helens Council and specialises in ensuring residents’ homes meet their needs. ?They provide guidance and assistance to carry out whatever repairs, improvements or adaptations that are necessary to help facilitate independent living.
- Practical help in finding home maintenance by identifying what is wrong with your home and advise how best to put it right from the beginning of the process to the end e.g. provide a list of approved contractors, schedule of work, cost estimation and checking the work after it is finished.
- Handyperson’s service for small repairs and DIY jobs around the home (e.g. unblocking sinks, fixing taps, changing lightbulbs and replacing fuses) – you only pay for the materials and not for the cost of labour
- Home safety and security via a range of monitoring equipment e.g. Lifeline emergency unit, sensors (carbon monoxide, smoke, fire, flooding, temperature), door entry systems, fire safety checks and home safety checks
- Affordable Warmth Unit can provide practical help and advice with saving energy, heating, insulation grants and resolve problems with energy suppliers
- Aids, equipment and adaptations for disabled people in their own homes (e.g. stair rails, bath seats etc)
How to Access
Opening hours of the Home Improvement Agency are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. The Affordable Warmth Unit can be contacted on 01744 671 611. To access aids, equipment and adaptations you will need an assessment carried out by an occupational Therapist – this can be arranged by calling the Contact Centre on 01744 676 600. More information about the service can also be found on the St Helens Council website here.
Type of OrganisationStatutory (St Helens Council)
St Helens Home Improvement Agency, Wesley House (Second Floor), Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 1HF
- 01744 676 555