Chrysalis Centre for Change
We are a women’s mental health charity who provide a range of support services. These include a Professional Counselling service, Supported Drop-in, Confidence & Assertion Courses, Stress Management Course, Domestic Abuse Support Service and a CBT-led Positive Me Programme. In order to access any services women must attend an initial First Contact appointment. Alternatively, they can access our Supported Drop-in on Monday and Wednesdays 1-3.30 pm.
- Drop-in sessions are held every Monday and Wednesday (1pm to 3.30pm) for general support and information provided by trained Support Workers
- Appointments can be made with their professional counsellingservice in a safe and confidential atmosphere
- Group therapies we offer a group therapy using CBT-based interventions to support women suffering from the symptoms of depression. This runs on Thursdays 9.30 am to 12 noon and is facilitated by qualified counsellors.
- Personal development courses (e.g. confidence and assertion) are run for 10 weeks on a Monday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm.
- Therapeutic activities including card-making and hand massage
- ABC accredited counselling courses (daytime and evening) run by qualified and experienced tutors, and available for both women and men
- Domestic Abuse Support service, which offers a domestic abuse support group on Thursdays 1 – 3.30 pm and one-to-one support sessions by appointment.
- We also run a new course called Just A Better Way to manage stress and anxiety. This is an 8 week course running on Tuesdays 1-3 pm.
How to Access
Self-referrals can be made to Chrysalis Centre for Change by attending a drop-in session or phoning/e-mailing. Alternatively they can be made through your GP or other health professional. Office hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm.
Opening Times/Meeting Times of the Office or of the Services:
Monday to Thursday 9 am – 12.30pm and 1 pm – 4 pm.