Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. AA is the only voluntary fellowship to help alcoholics, and there are no dues or fees for membership. All other agencies include Addaction and Re-Hab Centre's who claim to e able to help Alcoholics achieve sobriety actually cannot. They all send their clients to AA, even though they get government grants and peoples monies to cover their costs,to which AA receive nothing, and is happy to keep this tradition.
AA rely on self support and churches and the St Helens Millennium Centre for the contribution of their building towards this.
- Local area help-line, open from 9am to 9pm, seven days a week
- There are six different group meetings held every week in St Helens. The meetings are lead by recovered alcoholics who describe their personal experiences in achieving sobriety, read A.A. literature and interpret the A.A. programme
- Monday - Drop in Lounge, Bickerstaffe Street, St Helens
- Sunday - St Mary's Church, Lowe House, Crab Street, St Helens
How to Access the Service:
Further information about the local meetings or A.A. group can be obtained by contacting the local branch by phone or e-mail. The national A.A. helpline (0845 769 7555 or email@example.com) is also available. Alternatively people are free to attend any of the meetings held in St Helens, currently available at:
- Lowe House Medical Centre (WA10 2DJ) - Mondays at 7pm
- Millennium House (WA10 1DH) - Mondays at 7.30pm
- St Peter’s Church Hall (WA9 2EA) - Tuesdays at 1pm
- Newton Methodist Church (WA12 9PT) - Wednesdays at 7.30pm
- Holy Cross Church (WA10 1EF) - Fridays at 8pm
- St Michael’s Church (WA9 4RB) - Saturdays at 7.30pm
- St Mary’s Church (WA10 2DE) - Sundays at 8pm
Type of Organisation:
national charity (no.226745) with local offices
Comments and Suggestions
If you could please rate this page and provide any comments about this page or the site in general below, it will help us improve the site for others in the future.