National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society provides support and information for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, their families, friends, Carers and health professionals with an interest in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Local support group is a source of ongoing information, education and support to encourage people to be more active in managing their disease. The group is an opportunity to hear from speakers (e.g. from local Rheumatology department) and meet other people who live with RA. The group meets up every two months in room 8 at the Town Hall from 6.30pm to 8pm (there is a free car park at the back and disabled access via a lift to the left of the main steps).
- National freephone helpline (0800 298 7650) for information, medical advice or emotional support
How to Access
Contact Sue on 0845 458 3969 or e-mail email@example.com for further information about the St Helens group, which meets up every two months at the Town Hall.
NRAS Meetings 2016
- Friday 15th January 2 pm
- “Clinical Research” by Victoria James, Recruitment Officer at the Clinical Research Unit of the Royal Liverpool University Hospita
- Wednesday 16th March – 6.30 pm
- “Understanding Blood Tests” by Angela Cox, Rheumatology Cox, Rheumatology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Wednesday 25th May 2016 6.30 pm
- “Rheumatology 2016 at St Helens Hospital” by Jacqueline Novak, Clinical Manager/Rheumatology Nurse Clinician
- Thursday 14th July 2016 6.30 pm
- “Useful Gadgets to aid living with Rheumatoid Arthritis” by Yvonne Hough, Occupational Therapist Advanced Practitioner Rheumatology
- Wednesday 21st September 6.30 pm
- “Remedial Yoga” by Steve, Holistic Therapist and Sivananda Yoga Teacher
- Friday 18th November 2 pm
- “Foot Care” by Zoe Critchley, Advanced Podaitrist Long term conditions