National Childbirth Trust
The National Childbirth Trust is the largest charity supporting parents; they aim to give parents accurate, impartial information so that they can decide what is best for their family, and they introduce parents to a network of other local parents to gain practical and emotional support. Their vision is of a world where parents are valued and supported to build a strong society, believing that a child’s early years significantly impact upon the future they help to shape. The Wigan & St Helens branch is run solely by local parent volunteers.
- Antenatal and postnatal courses
- Play groups e.g. sensory play
- Opportunities to meet up, make friends and share experiences with other parents at coffee mornings and other support groups
- ‘Nearly New Sales’ – second hand clothes and equipment to help with the cost of kitting out your baby
- Also opportunities to get involved with volunteering and social/fundraising events
- The NCT helpline (0300 330 0700) provides practical and emotional support in all areas of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood