Children’s Disability Service
The Children’s Disability Service provides a wide range of advice and support services to parents/Carers of young people with a disability (this may include additional or complex needs, learning disabilities, sensory impairments or language/communication needs). The service covers all disabled children and young people up to the age of 19 living in the borough of St Helens.
- The Early Years team (0-5 years) can provide pre-school support, speech and language therapy, portage home visiting, transition, training, groups (e.g. development, motor skills and communication) and assessments – Early Years Team, The Bridge Centre, Roper Street, St Helens, WA9 1EJ – Tel: 01744 673131
- The School Age Team (4-19 years) offer educational support via a language and social communication service, hearing impairment service and visual impairment service – C/o Newton Children’s Centre, Patterson Street, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 9PZ – Tel: 01744 673135
- The Social Care Team (0-19 years) comprises of Social Workers, Specialist Nurses, Family Support Workers and Transition Workers and aim to provide practical and emotional support and information, based on assessed needs – Social Care Team, Atlas House, 2 Corporation Street, St Helens, WA9 1LD, Tel: 01744 674196
- Both the School Age Team and the Social Care Team are now based at Atlas House. The new address is: Children’s Disability Service, Atlas House, 2 Corporation Street, St Helens, WA9 1LD School Age tel: 01744 673135, Social Care tel: 01744 674198 –
- ASD Pathway, C/o Newton Children’s Centre, Patterson Street, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 9PZ – Tel: 01744 673135
How to Access
The Children’s Disability Service have an ‘open referral system’ – you can refer your child to the service, or you can ask a professional to refer on your behalf (you will need to provide written consent for this). Contact the service by phone/e-mail – for out of hours support please call 0845 0500 148.